Dan Kaminsky

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Wed Aug 5 17:28:39 UTC 2009

Once upon a time, Phil Regnauld <regnauld at catpipe.net> said:
> Jorge Amodio (jmamodio) writes:
> > It may sound too futuristic and inspired from science fiction, but I never saw
> > Captain Piccard typing a URL on the Enterprise.
>
> 	That's ok, I've never seen the Enterprise at the airport.

I have, but not that Enterprise (I saw the space shuttle orbiter
Enterprise on a 747 land here).

> 	Let's see how far the SMTP replacement has come, and get some inspiration.
> 	Heck, it's an application that only _uses_ the DNS, should be easy.

There's always somebody looking to re-invent the wheel, but usually they
are startups looking to make a quick buck by patenting and licensing
their technology that "will be the savior of the Internet" (and so they
don't get far).
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>