Verizon transparent web caching issue? WASRe: Data Center QoS equipment breaking http 1.1?

up at 3.am up at 3.am
Sat Aug 1 01:06:03 UTC 2009

Again, turned out to be my own stupidity.  It was just DNS on a secondary
DNS server, which was pointing to the old IP, which was redirecting to the
new IP, but at that point, the headers are lost.

I would have thought that on MacOSX (my client; the server is FreeBSD
7.2-STABLE), if I tell the /etc/resolv.conf to look at the primary name
server only, which has the correct info, plus doing a dnscacheutil
-flushcache, that this wouldn't be an issue.

Apparently, I was wrong, or perhaps it doesn't override what Verizon does
with my browser's queries, despite what nslookup shows in a terminal
window.

up at 3.am							    http://3.am