one shot remote root for linux?

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Wed Apr 29 01:36:24 UTC 2009

On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 23:31:04 BST, "andrew.wallace" said:
> Why are you alining yourself with a computer hacker? I thought you
> were trying to stop these guys releasing exploits in your line of
> work?

Phrased differently: "The horse has already left the barn, and Gadi is warning
you that there's a horse possibly munching on your front lawn already".

Which would you rather have if you actually had a network to run - Gadi and
HD Moore telling you that the bad guys have a point-and-shoot for the boxes
you use to run your net, or them *not* telling you about the point-and-shoot?

Hint: Anybody who thinks HD Moore is a major part of the problem is probably
more a part of the problem than HD is.