route flap dampening

Jonathan Park j13park at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 28 17:50:51 UTC 2009

I see.

Yes, I also heard that many networks have RFD enabled although it is not recommended, and
I was wondering why that would be.

So far from the responses, it seems to me that the reasons are:

1. to protect the network resources
2. to confine the flapping announcements made by customers locally within your network (easier to debug)

Do you have any other reasons if you use RFD?

Thanks Kevin and everyone for the responses.

Jonathan