OOB customer communications (Re: Looking for Support Contact at Equifax)

Mike Lewinski mike at rockynet.com
Mon Apr 27 16:31:02 UTC 2009

Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> If your email and phone communications are down due to a connectivity
> break, and your customers get connectivity from you [assume no backup
> links, by default .. you'd be surprised at how many smaller customers
> get by with a single link and no backups at all.  If their
> connectivity is down too - they just cant get to twitter right?

I can post status updates to our noc twitter account from my cell phone
(so no reliance on local network) and any customers who are using a
smartphone device can get updates from their mobile, also wholly OOB
from our network. I imagine there's a way to get updates via pure SMS
too. I think it's the melding of the mobile with the Internet that is
what gives Twitter its real power.

I agree however that if the only Twitter access is via regular computer
it loses most of its value in this situation.

Mike