OOB customer communications (Re: Looking for Support Contact at Equifax)

William McCall william.mccall at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 03:25:08 UTC 2009

I could see someone complaining about the idea of letting a third party
carry outage info like that... at least in my environment.

Really, it could be a blessing or a curse for your marketing team, but it
does depend on how you handle it I suppose. Potential clients could use the
information to see your ability to meet SLA targets before they sign on. If
you're not the big dog in the arena, it can very easily work against you by
enhancing the BS that competitors will provide. Or, of course, it can give
them a warm fuzzy feeling knowing that they can readily see the issues and
know how you've been affected.

A lot of places still work with an MO of secrecy. The service I support is
one of them. From a technical perspective, the idea is solid though.

--WJM IV