Broadband Subscriber Management

Bill Stewart nonobvious at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 07:31:25 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 7:27 AM, Frank Bulk <frnkblk at iname.com> wrote:
> So what were you doing than, RFC 1483?

Back when I worked with AT&T's business-market DSL folks,
used RFC 1483 rather than annoy customers with PPPoE,
and we provided ATM to lots of CLECs that did the same.
(I don't know what the current ILEC consumer offers use.)

I currently use sonic.net DSL at home, which is using
AT&T (SBC/PacBell) LEC DSL underneath,
and their installation instructions were to discard the PPPoE driver disk
that came with the LEC install kit; I'm about 95% sure it's RFC1483 also.

--
----
             Thanks;     Bill

Note that this isn't my regular email account - It's still experimental so far.
And Google probably logs and indexes everything you send it.