Broadband Subscriber Management

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Fri Apr 24 14:27:03 UTC 2009

So what were you doing than, RFC 1483?

Frank

-----Original Message-----
From: Curtis Maurand [mailto:cmaurand at xyonet.com]
Sent: Friday, April 24, 2009 7:16 AM
To: Frank Bulk
Cc: 'William McCall'; nanog at nanog.org
Subject: Re: Broadband Subscriber Management

Way back when Verizon first started rolling out DSL, we at a small ISP
looked to wholesale ports from them via a deal they were offering.  The
were simply delivering PVC's to us via ATM on a DS3.  1 for each
customer.  They were doing the rate limiting based on what we ordered.
I was able to use a lucent DSL aggregator for the handoff to our
network.  PPPoE wasn't necessary.

--Curtis

Frank Bulk wrote:
> I wasn't aware that LECs have the money to provide a DSLAM port per pair.
=)