Important New Requirement for IPv4 Requests

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Fri Apr 24 06:17:09 UTC 2009

On Apr 21, 2009, at 5:20 PM, Matthew Palmer wrote:
> Then they come back with a request for IPs for SSL certificates,
> which is a
> valid technical justification.  BTDT.  People will find a way to do
> the
> stupid thing they want to do.

Most of the stupid people don't, actually.  That's the funny thing
that surprises me -- just how obviously lame the justifications are,
and how they are unable even with direct statements about how to
justify the IP space to do so.  My god, it's really not hard to build
a valid justification for more space than you need -- seriously.  But
these people just can't pull it off.

Likewise, every company with whom I've had to debate the topic has
failed within 18 months, so the problem pervades the organization ;-)

--
Jo Rhett
and other randomness