IPv4 Anycast?

Joe Provo nanog-post at rsuc.gweep.net
Wed Apr 22 21:36:25 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 04:13:38PM -0500, Jack Bates wrote:
[snip]
> The original question provides a good statistic, I think. Only 8
> prefixes that were announced by more than 3 origin AS.

And the overall message is that only the (prefix holder|originating
ASn[s]) can tell you if it is intended or not.  Sadly, this is not a
useful metric for a third-party to use to determine prefix annoucnement
legitimacy.  Perhaps an update to RPSL to allow for intentional multiple
origins is overdue?

[insert thread about folks who do/don't use tools regardless of
appropriateness]

--
             RSUC / GweepNet / Spunk / FnB / Usenix / SAGE