Important New Requirement for IPv4 Requests

Ricky Beam jfbeam at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 20:44:34 UTC 2009

On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 19:39:47 -0400, Joe Greco <jgreco at ns.sol.net> wrote:
> Knowing that blatant lying about IP space justifications has been an
> ongoing game in the community, ARIN has decided to "do something" about
> it.

That game has been going on for over a decade.  I've seen it first hand as
far back as '96.  I've even seen multiple address allocations using the
*exact* same email -- once or twice a year, not like they were 4 requests
on the same day; they had been using that same "form email" for *YEARS* --
"(me) And they fall for it? (coworker) Every time."

As you point out, this will have zero effect.  The COO ("officer") will
either be clueless as to the fine details of the operation and rely on the
information ("lies") from his managers and techies.  Or, he's the one
telling them to lie in the first place.