Malicious code just found on web server

Chuck Schick chasjs at warp8.com
Tue Apr 21 17:51:16 UTC 2009

 We have seen this twice recently....we have tracked it back to a worm which
steals unencrypted ftp information from a desktop.  We tracked it down
because it occured on 7 or 8 sites that were on different servers both Linux
and Windows...some had no database associated with them.  The only common
thing on these sites was they all had the same web developer, she confirmed
she was using filezilla which does not encrypt the passwords she also
confirmed that she had found a virus/worm on her machine a few weeks before.
The same thing was found on other websites that she maintained that we did
not host.  FTP logs confirmed that a bot was making the changes through FTP.

The bot seems to inject a java script and IFrame in all pages that are named
index.*  - it changed HTML, php and asp extensions.

Chuck Schick
Warp 8, Inc.
(303)-421-5140
www.warp8.com