Important New Requirement for IPv4 Requests

Roger Marquis marquis at roble.com
Tue Apr 21 17:45:35 UTC 2009

David Conrad wrote:
> The term "legacy" here is relevant.  Under what agreement would an RIR
> evaluate an allocation that occurred prior to the existence of the RIR? And
> when the folks who received legacy space and don't like this upstart RIR
> nosing around in their business, the legal fees that the RIR incur will cost
> non-trivial amounts of, well, money.

Good points all.  I fully admit to ignorance of how to remedy this and the
other valid points raised in defence of the status quo (except by raising
the issue when appropriate).

Not sure what could be cited as presidence either, except perhaps the
transition from feudal landowning aristocracies a few centuries back.

Roger Marquis