Important New Requirement for IPv4 Requests

Matthew Moyle-Croft mmc at internode.com.au
Tue Apr 21 02:56:11 UTC 2009

ARIN should ask companies to demonstrate:

- demonstration of routing of an IPv6 range/using IPv6 address space
- demonstration of services being offered over IPv6
- a plan to migrate customers to IPv6
- automatic allocation of IPv6 range instead of IPv4 for those who
can't do so.

ie.  No more IPv4 for you until you've shown IPv6 clue.

Then people can't just get away with driving into the brick wall of
IPv4-allocation fail.

(Not sure if I'm serious about this suggestion, but it's there now).

MMC

--
Matthew Moyle-Croft
Networks, Internode/Agile