So I've got this 2.5gig wave, what do I do with it?

Eric Van Tol eric at atlantech.net
Fri Apr 17 18:43:58 UTC 2009

We use the MRV LamdaDrivers and they work well.  We use the EM2009-G2 on our own dark fiber loops and provide dual GE connectivity on a single 2.5G wavelength.  Equipment is pretty barebones, but quite solid.  Management module can be rebooted without loss of light on any interfaces (besides those terminated on the management module, of course).  There's plenty of options for SFPs wrt distances.  However, since the OP is receiving a lit signal from the carrier, I'm not entirely sure it will work in his case, as I *believe* the trunk port requires a WDM SFP, not a standard 850/1310/1550.  I could certainly be wrong, though.

-evt