Do we still need Gi Firewall for 3G/UMTS/HSPA network ?

TJ trejrco at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 13:58:07 UTC 2009

That's why you use Teredo - it defeats that sort of simple statefulness, and
works.
((SSH'ed from one laptop (WinXP, using MS's Teredo over double-NATed v4
connection) to another laptop (Ubuntu, EVDO, + Miredo) ... although it was
pretty slow, it fit my needs at the time.))

For a time, maybe still today?, 6to4 would work as well.  That is, the
carrier may have been filtering unsolicited TCP/UDP ... but not Protocol41.
(Off the top of my head, I forget which providers fell into which side of
the ItWorked | ItStillWorks camp)

/TJ