Paetec MPLS + BGP solution opinions

Jeffrey Negro jnegro at billtrust.com
Mon Apr 13 16:37:06 UTC 2009

Hi all -

I was wondering if anyone could offer any opinions or share some
experiences about Paetec, and more specifically their MPLS, BGP, and
Network Firewall services.  I just started at a new employer and they
would like get into a more robust DR strategy involving both our
locations and public services.  They are suggesting that we use MPLS
connections to their bandwidth infrastructure, and make use of their
Network Firewall services as a front end for our public services.  This
way we can make use of their front end BGP without having to qualify for
an ARIN allocation.  I come from a company where we had our own diverse
providers and had an ARIN allocation, so I have not used a managed
solution like Paetec is offering.  Any experience or comments would be
greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Jeffrey