Outside plant protection, fiber cuts, interwebz down oh noes!

Robert Glover robertg at garlic.com
Sat Apr 11 06:48:24 UTC 2009

*SNIP*
located ten feet down a manhole on
Monterey Highway, north of Blossom Hill Road in San Jose.

Authorities also found two other locations where fiber optic cables were
similarly cut -- near Hayes Avenue and Cottle Road in San Jose
*SNIP*

Just for clarification, these locations are one in the same.

And as an update, the splicing operations are done at this location.  (I live 3 blocks away The multitudes of crews that were at the site were gone when I drove by at 3:30PM PST today.  The splice trailers were still there around 9:30AM PST working on cable.

Bobby Glover
Director of Information Services
South Valley Internet (AS4307)