Outside plant protection, fiber cuts, interwebz down oh noes!

Joe Greco jgreco at ns.sol.net
Fri Apr 10 23:06:16 UTC 2009

> On Apr 10, 2009, at 12:05 PM, Carlos Alcantar wrote:
>
> > Your right about having the right tools whats a manhole hook cost $50
>
> Less than half that.  http://www.toolup.com/condux/08023000.html

And maybe even less than half *that*.  You don't actually need the tool
in many cases.  A good bit of rebar (trivially found at many construction
sites), a prybar, a heavy screwdriver, threaded rod, the trick is just to
get the thing out of its rim.  Specialized tools are for those who are
doing it every day.

I suspect that the person responsible did not go out and buy a hook, so
this may be pointless anyways.  :-)

... JG