[outages] fibre cut near 200 Paul, San Francisco

William R. Lorenz wrl at express.org
Thu Apr 9 21:58:22 UTC 2009

On Thu, 9 Apr 2009, Joe Abley wrote:

> I am hearing from multiple people about connectivity problems in the bay
> area, and they all seem to have 200 Paul in common. ISC is reporting a
> fibre cut between 529 Bryant, Palo Alto and 200 Paul, SF. At least one
> Unitedlayer customer in 200 Paul seems to be off the air.

We're showing spikes in latency out in LAX on Cogent, as well as a few
other interesting anomalies that are consistent with shifts in traffic in
a number of different locations.  Has anyone noticed any network routing
issues outside of the immediately-effected area, as a result of this?

  9  gi0-0-0.core01.lax05.atlas.cogentco.com (154.54.6.185)
     65.447 ms  65.449 ms  65.434 ms
10  xo.lax05.atlas.cogentco.com (154.54.11.242)
     127.708 ms  127.683 ms  127.680 ms

--
William R. Lorenz