Fiber cut in SF area

Charles Wyble charles at thewybles.com
Thu Apr 9 21:39:14 UTC 2009

Yep.... it leads to:

Activity Type Code Desc: PROGRESS COMMENTS
Activity Type Code: PROG

OTDR readings were taken by AT&T West and a cut was located 1600 ft from
the San Jose, CA central office. AT&T West technicians are onsite
working to isolate the exact location of the cut. There are 4 cables
impacted. AT&T Mobility has 61 GSM and 45 co-located UMTS sites out of
service off of Santa Clara Base Station Controllers 15 & 23, and Santa
Clara Radio Network Controller 4. E911 has 52 Location Measuring Units
down. The AT&T West Santa Cruz 11 central office (41,803 ATNs) is
experiencing an SS7 isolation and the San Martin central office (11,904
ATNs) lost it's umbilical and is isolated at this time. The Bailey
remote site (4,973 ATNs) is also isolated. Scott's Valley has 3 out of 4
SS7 links down. The Santa Cruz 01, Aptos, Scott's Valley, Felton,
Boulder Creek, Ben Lomand, San Jose 11, San Jose 13, San Jose 21 central
offices have trunks impacted such that all lines are busy and incoming
calls are receiving trouble messages. The Santa Cruz County SO (178,040
ATNs), Scott's Valley PD (12,007 ATNs) and the UC Santa Cruz PD (14,909
ATNs) are all without ALI at this time. The Gilroy PD PSAP and the
Morgan Hill PD and CDF have been rerouted with ALI/ANI. The Felton CDF
has not been rerouted. There are 17 DSLAMS and 4 ATMS out of service
impacting DSL service. There are 3 SMDI Links down impacting voicemail
service. Verizon's Morgan Hill and Gilroy central offices are currently
isolated. There have been 224,865 blocked calls.