Fiber cut in SF area

Robert M. Enger enger at enger.us
Thu Apr 9 19:58:32 UTC 2009

That AT&T has stopped provisioning protection fiber for automatic
restoral is mind boggling.

That our crack (or on crack) govt contracting/emergency-preparedness
staff didn't demand protected facilities for 911 is another mind
boggling issue.

That there is no over-under wide-area back-up coverage for the cellular
canopy ...

We posture and orate about being prepared for terrorist attacks and
natural disasters, and then events like these reveal the reality:
    The emperor has no clothes.