attacks on MPLS?

Charles Wyble charles at thewybles.com
Thu Apr 9 17:56:25 UTC 2009

Wayne E. Bouchard wrote:
> Meh...
>
> Sure, it rehashes what we pretty well already know, "If a bad guy can
> get access to your network or your management tools, you're boned."

Naturally. If one gets to the control plane of your routers and/or
management network you have big problems. :)

However if they develop a script kidde tool that twiddles the bits in
the middle.... that's a bit more concerning, as it may be difficult to
detect without significant monitoring.

> It's still worth reminding folks that they need to take appropriate
> measures to defend and monitor these devices. Too many networks and
> servers get hacked not because the attacker was good, but because the
> administrators (some of whom tend to be good security guys) became
> complacent and stopped doing routine upkeep. So in that sense, a
> little fear can be a good thing.

Oh of course.