attacks on MPLS?

Charles Wyble charles at thewybles.com
Thu Apr 9 17:14:39 UTC 2009

Well if we pull apart the article a bit....

Quote 1)
Network infrastructure security has been in the limelight lately, with
researchers uncovering big vulnerabilities in the Domain Name System
(DNS), the Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), TCP, and in Cisco routers.

Wasn't aware of any big vulns in BGP (are they referring to the defcon
talk that rehashed ages old bgp trust exploitation?). Cisco vulns (I
realize cisco released several patches recently but not aware of any
signifcant vulns).

Quote 2)
own set of switches and management infrastructures, and their own set of
surrounding technologies," he says, "and the average attacker could not
get his hands on that equipment."

Hmmmm. Really?
http://www.gns3-labs.com/2009/01/23/mpls-vpn-and-traffic-engineering/ +
torrent the appropriate IOS images. That seems like it would be enough
to build a lab environment for exploit development.

Seems like the article is a lot of  fear mongering.