options for full routing table in 1 year?

Robert Boyle robert at tellurian.com
Thu Apr 9 01:41:35 UTC 2009

At 09:33 PM 4/8/2009, Jo Rhett wrote:
>I was chatting with someone the other day and we were trying to build
>a complete list of all units which can handle full routing tables 1
>year from now, assuming current 4k/month growth (nevermind de- aggregation)

The Foundry XMR series can also handle 1M routes in hardware and the
CAM on all line cards is also appropriately sized. We have a mix of
Sup720-3B-XL in 65XXs and Foundry XMRs. We have been happy with both
and both should continue to serve us well into the future. The CAM
can be partitioned into only IPv4, only IPv6, MPLS or a combination
of all three.

-Robert

Tellurian Networks - A Perot Systems Company
http://www.tellurian.com | 888-TELLURIAN | 973-300-9211
"Well done is better than well said." - Benjamin Franklin