ACLs vs. full firewalls

Michael Helmeste mhelmest at uvic.ca
Tue Apr 7 22:29:27 UTC 2009

While there are no specific audit requirements, overall traffic auditing
(not just for dropped packets) is definitely something I'm considering.
One way of gathering this data without using a firewall would seem to be
netflow; I don't think netflow specifically calls out (or even shows?)
traffic blocked by ACLs though, which could be a point for consideration.