eGLOP and/or 232/8 question (SSM)

Leo Vegoda leo.vegoda at icann.org
Mon Apr 6 20:02:26 UTC 2009

Hi Ryan,

On 06/04/2009 10:51, "Ryan Landry" <Ryan.Landry at TELUS.COM> wrote:

> i apologize if this has been discussed...searching mboned/nanog/ietf/arin/etc
> archives doesn't give me the clarification i hoped for.
>
> is there a defined method to request eGLOP space?  does anyone really care
> what people use internally for mcast?  i see mr. eubanks submitted a proposal
> back in 2007 for eGLOP assignment process and ARIN shot it down, but i can't
> seem to find current status.

If you need additional IPv4 multicast address space you can request it using
the form on this page:

http://www.iana.org/protocols/apply/

The EGLOP space is set to become additional AD-HOC multicast space. The
draft for this can be found at:

http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-mboned-rfc3171bis

Hope this helps,

Leo