eGLOP and/or 232/8 question (SSM)

Ryan Landry Ryan.Landry at TELUS.COM
Mon Apr 6 17:51:19 UTC 2009

i apologize if this has been discussed...searching mboned/nanog/ietf/arin/etc archives doesn't give me the clarification i hoped for.

is there a defined method to request eGLOP space?  does anyone really care what people use internally for mcast?  i see mr. eubanks submitted a proposal back in 2007 for eGLOP assignment process and ARIN shot it down, but i can't seem to find current status.

i've exhausted my 233/8 space and i'm moving to SSM (iptv).  SSM is defined as 232/8, but is using that really necessary (technicalities aside)?  if i do indeed move to 232/8, would it make the most sense to have my sources live in publicly assigned space for possible advertising in the future?  mostly looking for what others have done as best-practice and future-proofing here...

thanks kindly for on/off-list replies.

ryanL
iptv guy