Wow, just when you though big government was someone else's problem

Suresh Ramasubramanian ops.lists at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 16:38:16 UTC 2009

On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 9:47 PM, Jeff Young <young at jsyoung.net> wrote:
> Read it again.  It says all government networks and any network the
> president deems vital, I'd have to assume that would at least be all of the
> major backbones.

Deeming something vital / critical has a whole lot of extra baggage
attached to it.  Check out for example the OECD surveys on critical
information infrastructure.

a. http://www.oecd.org/dataoecd/49/28/40839436.pdf - OECD Seoul Declaration
for the Future of the Internet Economy,

b. http://www.oecd.org/dataoecd/25/10/40761118.pdf - comparative study of
CIIP in OECD economies (Australia, Canada, Korea, Japan, The Netherlands,
the United Kingdom and the United States)

--srs