breadcrumbs and collusion

Laurence F. Sheldon, Jr. LarrySheldon at cox.net
Fri Sep 26 12:45:43 UTC 2008

michael.dillon at bt.com wrote:
>>   However, it makes little sense to close your gate to keep
>> the stray dogs out of your yard, if they can just come in via
>> your neighbour's gate and climb over the fences.
>
> It makes a lot of sense. Having closed your gate, and discovered
> a stray dog in your back yard, you can call the animal control
> people and they stand a good chance of catching that stray dog.

Like most NANAE ...eerrr...NANOG metaphors this one is broken.

We are not talking about stray dogs, were are talking about bad behaviour.

If I keep them from dealing that stuff in my parking lot I do several
things, in approximate priority order:

My clean customers don't have to suffer any effects of the bad guys
being on my lot.

The bad guys learn it is not a good place to try to deal.

The Law knows one place they don't have to worry about.