the Intercage mess

Andrew D Kirch trelane at trelane.net
Wed Sep 24 14:33:38 UTC 2008

*Hobbit* wrote:
>  Where's
> the BACKBONE to go after the real high-volume sources, rather than
> continuing to kick sand in the face of some podunk little guy who
> can no longer defend himself?
>
> _H*

He never could defend himself, but he still hosts these companies
(though months and years later he's finally terminated some of them).  I
have talked to over a dozen people who report abuse who are utterly
perplexed at the tone taken by Intercage.  I've SEEN archived abuse
complaints from DronesBL, DOZENS of them.  These reports aren't for
compromised machines, they're for C&C's that host THOUSANDS of
compromised machines each.  When Gadi, when William Pitcock, when
Spamhaus, when I, and DOZENS of others who watch these people say
there's a problem, you'd best believe there's a problem.

Andrew