prefix hijack by ASN 8997

Hank Nussbacher hank at efes.iucc.ac.il
Tue Sep 23 04:32:34 UTC 2008

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008, Scott Weeks wrote:

I too spotted this via PHAS for a large number of prefixes, but have not
received alerts from IAR, Watchmy.Net nor does RIPE RIS show this hijack:
http://www.ris.ripe.net/perl-risapp/risearch.html I would have expected
with so many RRC boxes that RIPE RIS would have caught it.  I had thought
it was a false positive from PHAS but now that you and others have seen it
- I guess it is for real.

-Hank