Atrivo/Intercage

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Mon Sep 22 20:52:28 UTC 2008

On Sep 22, 2008, at 4:33 PM, Tom Sparks (Applied Operations) wrote:

> Basically is what it boils down to for me - its easy to blame
> an NSP/ISP/Hoster for what their clients do, it takes real
> dedication to
> find out whats *actually* going on.

Tom,

Atrivo is not just a spammer, and Intercage has _not_ "taken care of"
problems - unless you count moving IP addresses around as "taking care
of" things.  I'm sure the people downloading child pr0n or hosting
virus / C&C servers were very inconvenienced from having to change a
hostname.  Pardon me if I am incredulous.  And not because we were not
dedicated in trying to find out what was *actually* going on.  Try
reading up on your friend before accusing the community of not doing
due diligence.

And don't give me any BS about not reading his abuse@ mail.

Eventually ignorance (willful ignorance?) in the service of evil
becomes indistinguishable from malice.

Basically, THAT is what it boils down to for me, and apparently
everyone else as well.

--
TTFN,
patrick