Procedure to Change Nameservers

Mike Lewinski mike at rockynet.com
Tue Sep 16 23:53:11 UTC 2008

Crist Clark wrote:

> 9) Turn off DNS services at old-dns1 and old-dns2 (i.e. take out
> the firewall rules that allow queries to those addresses).
>
> 10) ...

10 ) Use one of the various sanity checking sites to validate some
subset of your hosted domain configurations.

We used to like http://www.dnsstuff.com a lot, but they've gone
commercial. It's still a great service and possibly worth the money (I
bought a membership but will be comparing it with the other free
offerings in the coming months before our renewal is up to see if
there's really enough value add).

Free sites that perform similar DNS configuration checks that I know of
are:

http://dnssy.com
http://www.intodns.com

Mike