Atrivo/Intercage: Now Only 1 Upstream

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Tue Sep 16 10:01:16 UTC 2008

On Sep 16, 2008, at 1:55 AM, Paul Ferguson wrote:

> By the way, a lot of folks are watching all domains registered
> within Atrivo/Intercage IP address space every day. Here's a few
> for you to decide -- and they have been registered only in the past
> few days:
>
> undaground.biz
> pillshere.net
> ukrnic.info (originally registered in Intercage IP space, now
> in UkrTelecom)
>
> This is only a fraction of a percentage of the activities.
>
> We are watching.

Not closely enough.

It seems some people in San Francisco are selling Intercage outbound
only capacity.  (I.e. Letting them send packets and not announcing
their ASN/prefixes to hide the fact Atrivo is a customer.)

If you find packets from Atrivo coming into your network from a
network where you do not see a reverse path, please let the rest of us
know so we can take appropriate action.

--
TTFN,
patrick