Identifying when netblocks have been assigned

Stephen Sprunk stephen at sprunk.org
Sat Sep 13 19:12:19 UTC 2008

Frank Bulk wrote:
> When I do that it lists the organization's AS, but not any netblocks
> associated with that AS.
>
> Frank

Keep in mind that the "> OrgID" trick only works for allocations or
assignments made directly by ARIN; it won't necessarily show you
everything that was SWIPed to them, since many SWIPs are not tagged with
an OrgID.  To find those, you have to search on the name of the customer
and hope it shows up correctly in the CustName field.

Also, many companies end up with lots of OrgIDs, and many of them may
not have the correct current name due to M&A activity.  Finding them all
may take a while and isn't easily automated.