community real-time BGP hijack notification service

Gadi Evron ge at linuxbox.org
Fri Sep 12 23:37:23 UTC 2008

On Fri, 12 Sep 2008, Heather Schiller wrote:
> Gadi Evron wrote:
>> On Fri, 12 Sep 2008, Skywing wrote:
>>> It might be useful to have an option to generate an example alert mail for
>>> purposes of setting up necessary mail processing rules and that sort.
>>> Just a thought.
>>
>> Good point. Any suggestions from folks here on how they would like it to be
>> built?
>>

> Could you throw up a page that tells a little about what logic is used, what
> you check, where you get feeds from and how often, so that people can
> evaluate the differences between checkmy.net, phas, IRU and MYAsn?
>
> --Heather

I don't see why not. But whilw we take this very seriously and so
release only when a phase is done, it is a free-time based project.
Therefore, while we will definitely do so... I can't commit it will be
very soon.

Much like other coders, while we appreciate documentation.. being very
busy theorizing on what we already did will take some motivational coffee
or a free evening. Comparing ourselves to other services... well, maybe
some magazine will run a comperative testing. :)

 	Gadi.