InterCage, Inc. (NOT Atrivo)

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Fri Sep 12 05:42:08 UTC 2008

[On-list comment.  Off-list comments longer.]

On Thursday 11 September 2008 22:23:35 Patrick W. Gilmore wrote:
> > If I have either a peering agreement or a transit arrangement with a
> > written
> > contract, then that contract supports my 'rights' under that contract
> > persuant to my responsibilities being fulfilled.

> If you had ever read a peering agreement,

I have; see this publicly available peering agreement [0], where in clause 9
we find the wording "Neither party shall assign its rights under this
Agreement without the prior written consent of the other party."  In clause 5
we find the wording "If ... there are significant breaches of the conditions
of this agreement, both parties reserve the right unilaterally to immediately
terminate the agreement ..."  See what lies under the points of ellipsis by
reading the whole (2.5 page) agreement; it is succinct, clear, and a great
model.

Drifting off-topic; my participation in this thread terminated, unilaterally.

[0] - http://www.vix.at/vix-aconet-pa.html (PDF)