BCP38 dismissal

James Jun james at towardex.com
Thu Sep 11 12:23:38 UTC 2008

> > i suggest you go back to the mail to which you responded obscenely
> > vilifying the poster who was specifically saying he worried about his
> > host before bcp38.  that was specifically the subject.
>
> "host" in that context was his router, which makes your comment make
> less sense.  (having never seen a big iron router become a client in a
> botnet, myself)  He was talking about big iron control plane policy
> controls.   You must have missed the context.

Actually, Randy is right.  We were discussing in context of routers and
botnets themselves.  "Host" in my context was about the botnets sending
attack from legitimate IP sources that BCP38 will not be able to defeat.

> You want to stop being rude, and start making positive assertations
> about things you know?  I'd love to be wrong, but I've got a whole lot
> of experience on this topic.   If you know better, educate the rest of
> us.

No, you have demonstrated that the only jerk in this entire forum is no one
but you with limited bounds of intelligence.

Before you go on and call someone a "jerk", "idiot" and falsely accuse him
of ~not wanting to deploy BCP38[1]~, read your own posts and start making
positive assertions about things that you know yourself.

[1]: Almost every network that I help manage is operated with BCP38 either
with uRPF or even with automatic-scripted SAV (source address
verification/filtering)/ ACL's.

james