[Fwd:] Nvidia NICs with duplicate mac addresses

Robert D. Scott robert at ufl.edu
Fri Sep 5 15:01:53 UTC 2008

Does this MAC present itself all the time, or just during boot?

Marvel makes a NIC prevalent in some Dell systems, that presents MAC
0c00.0000.0000 during its startup process. If you run port security, and
several people boot their computer within the cam table expiration period,
port security will disable the port. You can work around it but it is time
consuming in large networks where port security are enabled.

Robert D. Scott                 Robert at ufl.edu
Senior Network Engineer         352-273-0113 Phone
CNS - Network Services          352-392-2061 CNS Receptionist
University of Florida           352-392-9440 FAX
Florida Lambda Rail             352-294-3571 FLR NOC
Gainesville, FL  32611          321-663-0421 Cell