BCP IETFs and RFCs

Joe Blanchard joe at sumless.net
Fri Sep 5 03:39:45 UTC 2008

Well at the risk of getting flammed here.. lol

I don't believe there is a real clear answer here to this BCP38 debate.
Great suggestions, great comments, and great what ifs.
>From the old days, I always recalled ACLing non-existant scopes within my
nets, again not that that is the
answer, but it was a recommended practice, and when we saw non-existant
spaces trying to leave one of our feeds it was quickly handled internally
(i.e. killed the downstream link). As well we always had to do an internal
audit of why/who/where the event took place and a remedy to it (HIPAA & SOX
compliance stuff)

While this thread is informative at times, I think the name calling and
insults really serve no purpose to it.
I recall a funny saying regarding this, opinions are like a......s, everyone
has one and everyone else thinks it stinks. Doesn't mean anyones right.
Agree to dis-agree and lets be on with it.
Deja-vu, Wasn't there a thread about this same subject a while ago something
regarding RFC2827? Might just be me.

Just my 2¢s
Regards,

-Joe Blanchard

"I am Joe Blanchard and I approve this message.... lol"