BGP Scalability Simulation

David Andersen dga at cs.cmu.edu
Tue Sep 2 14:48:14 UTC 2008

We have a similar analysis (which agrees with Vince Fuller's #s in a
general sense) in the middle of a recent sigcomm paper:

   http://www.aip-arch.net/

See the paper "Accountable Internet Protocol (AIP)".

I point it out mostly because the Fuller presentation said "kinda
looks exponential";  we found that the scaling was 17% per year, which
could be a bit more useful if you need to come up with #s for the
years between when Fuller provides projections for.

   -Dave