GLBX De-Peers Intercage [Was: RE: Washington Post: Atrivo/Intercag e, w hy are we peering with the American RBN?]

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon Sep 1 16:32:46 UTC 2008

On Mon, 01 Sep 2008 11:33:21 EDT, "Steven M. Bellovin" said:
> On Mon, 01 Sep 2008 11:08:20 -0400
> Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:
>
> > a) There exist providers that are willing to take money from scum.
> > b) We won't get rid of the scum until we admit (a) is true.
>
> I mostly agree with you -- but I get very worried about who defines
> "scum".  Consider the following cases, which I will assert are not very
> far-fetched:

For the sake of discussion, I was calling "scum" "any entity that your
morals say you shouldn't accept money from, but your accountant says
you should"....

What that makes your accountant... is another discussion entirely :)

However, I *do* agree with the problem of "scum with politico-economic
leverage"....