Sprint / Cogent

Marshall Eubanks tme at multicasttech.com
Fri Oct 31 14:33:28 UTC 2008

On Oct 31, 2008, at 10:12 AM, Jared Mauch wrote:

> On Oct 31, 2008, at 9:52 AM, Larry Sheldon wrote:
>
>> Alex Rubenstein wrote:
>>
>>> Why do I say stupid?
>>> Because, if companies like Sprint continue to do things like what
>>> Sprint is doing, this will certainly lead to being noticed by
>>> legislators, and the next thing we know we will have federally
>>> regulated peering or backbone network operating. I can see it now,
>>> the Bureau of Peering will be part of the Federal Networking
>>> Committee.
>>
>> I think you are wrong to the extent that BOP will be under the
>> Department Of Fairness.
>
> 	the two likely entities in the United States would be either the
> FCC or DHS.
>
> 	(DHS you say?)  The NCS lives under DHS.  I wonder if sprint
> reported the "outage" to the FCC yet, or what answer you would get
> from calling the NCS or NCC watch.

Maybe they can bring it up at the November 4th FCC open meeting :

http://www.publish.com/c/a/Mobile/FCC-to-Consider-SprintClearwire-Merger/
http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-286069A1.pdf

 From the tentative agenda :

A Memorandum Opinion and Order addressing the applications filed by
Sprint Nextel and
Clearwire for approval of the transfer ofcontrol of licenses,
authorizations and leasing
arrangements held by Sprint Nextel and its subsidiaries to New
Clearwire.

Regards
Marshall