Another driver for v6?

Andy Davidson andy at nosignal.org
Thu Oct 30 15:55:01 UTC 2008

On 30 Oct 2008, at 15:47, David W. Hankins wrote:

> If someone can't reach the hypothetical A/AAAA www.google.com RRset,
> you've just increased your support costs.  "My network is slow."
> "Are you using IPv4 or IPv6?" "Netscape."

Do you think that industry should be working to some kind of well
supported / worldwide flag day when lots of popular resources add v6
records at the same time ?

In the same way that in the UK, appliance manufacturers have been
educating people about the analogue terrestrial TV switchoff by 2012,
do you think that we should be advocating a 'internet PLUS day' some
time in (date plucked from the air) 2014 ?

-a