Another driver for v6?

Nathan Ward nanog at daork.net
Wed Oct 29 03:11:54 UTC 2008

On 29/10/2008, at 3:40 PM, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

> According to
> http://www.nytimes.com/external/idg/2008/10/28/28idg-10-best-feature.html
> Windows 7 will have a cool feature called DirectAccess that "requires
> deploying IPv6 and IPsec".  I know nothing more of this feature than
> is
> in the article, but if accurate it may create a client-centric demand
> for v6, i.e., desirable new functionality that isn't available on v4.
>
> Of course, Windows 7 will have to ship first, and then get deployed in
> the enterprise...

Thanks, Teredo.

Interesting point, IPSEC is really useful in IPv6, especially
transport mode opportunistic encryption/authentication. But, that
requires (in my understanding) keys in DNS, which really needs a
secure DNS infrastructure to be, well, secure...

stir stir stir

Notice the DNSSEC support at the end of page one and beginning of page
two.

--
Nathan Ward