Alaska DNS

Larry Sheldon LarrySheldon at cox.net
Sat Oct 25 16:57:54 UTC 2008

Eugeniu Patrascu wrote:

> Why was it an issue that they had no A records for the domain name ?

That question has intrigued me for years. I used to manage a network
where were lots of labels in domain names e.g. a.b.c.example.com where
only the machine "a" had addresses (the others may or may not have been
associated with machines and hence IP addresses but not necessarily A RRs).

--
Requiescas in pace o email              Two identifying characteristics
                                              of System Administrators:

ICBM Targeting Information:     http://tinyurl.com/4sqczs