transcievers/amplifiers for 150 km fiber run

Fletcher Kittredge fkittred at staff.gwi.net
Fri Oct 10 18:50:11 UTC 2008

We are looking to light a two strand fiber link of about 95 miles (or
150km).   It would be worth a lot to us not to have repeaters.   We are
hoping for Gigabit Ethernet.   Sonet is possible but a less attractive
solution.  Are there options for this sort of distance?   The longest
current link we have is about 65 miles.  I understand the transmission
characteristics of the fiber will effect distance of transmission.

regards,
Fletcher

--
Fletcher Kittredge