Help needed - Cisco Netflow

Kocher, Keith Keith.Kocher at JTV.com
Fri Oct 10 17:17:32 UTC 2008

Open source netlow collector NTOP:      http://www.ntop.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Mills, Charles [mailto:cmills at accessdc.com]
Sent: Friday, October 10, 2008 12:46 PM
To: Lee, Steven (NSG Malaysia); nanog at nanog.org
Subject: RE: Help needed - Cisco Netflow

Lee,
    The question would be do you want a self contained appliance or a
piece of software?  I have used Advent Network's Net Flow Analyzer.
There are others out there but I've had some decent amount of luck with
these guys and they have an "Enterprise" license that will many, many
(thousands?) interfaces.
     For the traffic load and the number of flows/second I'm guessing
you'll need a really high end Linux box with lots and lots of disk
space.
     There are open source netflow collectors too you could deal with if
cost is an issue or you have the talent on staff to maintain it.

Chuck