Some odd harvesting going on?

Michienne Dixon mdixon at nkc.org
Thu Oct 9 13:37:51 UTC 2008

<snip>
I too think C-R spam 'prevention' is the lazy-mans approach at filtering
spam. People can easily create their own whitelists based on their
maillogs or mailhistory.
<snip>

Unfortunately, I feel the majority of the solutions offered cater to the
non-technical.  The process of simplifying often results in a product
that requires the least amount of hands-on from the end-user.  Coupled
with the fact that the average end-user is not interested in learning a
process that takes more then 5 paragraphs to explain and more than 10
minutes to implement (without some sort of "wizard") and I think we have
a good idea why the layman's approach is so prevalent.

-
Michienne Dixon
Network Administrator
liNKCity